Highlights from Netgear ProSafe FS116P Reviews
- Front panel LEDs keep you informed of switch and PoE status
- Fanless design quietly integrates in a small office environment
- Determines PoE requirements, speed, duplex and cable type using AutoUplink
Affordable Power over Ethernet Switching
Netgear ProSafe FS116P Switch provides power and data from a single point, using Power over Ethernet (PoE) over a single Cat-5 cable. The 16 Fast Ethernet ports can be used for any 10/100 Mbps link and 8 of these ports can supply industry-standard IEEE 802.3af power. Advanced auto-sensing algorithm gives power only to 802.3af end devices, so no need to worry about damaging proprietary PoE or non-PoE equipment. In addition, it discontinues the power when PoE devices are disconnected.
The affordably priced ProSAFE FS116P delivers PoE to any small business network that wants to simplify the installation of VoIP phones, wireless access points and IP-based surveillance cameras. This allows for flexibility in situating devices where AC power is difficult to access and lowers installation costs. Compact and flexible, Netgear ProSafe FS116P Switch is ideal for small business network that want to inexpensively use PoE to deploy IP phones, wireless access points and IP-based network surveillance cameras.
With your Netgear ProSafe FS116P Switch choose to plug in up to 16 Ethernet or Fast Ethernet devices and mix in upto eight 802.3af IP-based devices like wireless access points or IP-based network surveillance cameras. Place these 802.3af-compliant devices where they belong, high up on walls and ceiling for maximum coverage or anywhere else you need them. Power and data are carried over standard CAT-5 cabling.
Plug and Play
The standards-based Netgear ProSafe FS116P Switch senses and adjusts for network speed and cabling type automatically for easy integration into your existing 10/100 Ethernet network. For PoE, the switch automatically detects 802.3af compliant devices and supplies power as needed.
Engineered for compact convenience, Netgear ProSafe FS116P Switch is only 1-inch high and 4-inches deep with a durable metal case that is easily positioned on your desktop or a wall, using the included mounting hardware.
Netgear ProSafe FS116P Switch supports the latest Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption when there is light traffic on an active ports or when there is no link or no activity detected. It can further saves energy when a short cable (<100m) is used.
What Comes in the Box
- 1 X Netgear ProSafe FS116P 16-Port Switch with 8 PoE Ports
- 1 X AC Adapter
- 1 X Wall-Mount Kit
- 1 X Installation Guide
Netgear Lifetime Local Singapore Warranty
- Length: 28.70 cm
- Width: 10.30 cm
- Height: 2.70 cm
- Weight: 900 gm
- Network Ports: 16 auto speed-sensing 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 ports
- Forwarding modes: Store-and-forward
- Bandwidth: 3.2 Gbps
- Address database size: 8,000 media access control (MAC) addresses per system
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 546,673 hours (62 years)
- Acoustic noise: 0 dB
- Electromagnetic Immunity: EN 55024
- Safety: CE mark, commercial, CE/LVD EN60950
Network Protocol and Standards
- IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T, EEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX
- IEEE 802.1p priority tags, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet, IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet
- System: Power, PoE Maximum Power
- Per Port: Link, Activity, Speed, PoE Active, PoE Fault