Netgear ProSafe GS108Tv2 8-Port Gigabit Smart Switch
- Regular price
- $124.21 SGD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $124.21 SGD
- Unit price
Netgear ProSafe GS108Tv2 Switch Review Highlights
- Fast Ethernet technology
- Intuitive Web-browser interface
- Provides network scalability and reliability
Power up Your Small Network to Gigabit Speeds
The Netgear family of ProSAFE Gigabit Smart Managed Switches is purposefully designed for SMB customers with high performance, SMB-oriented features and easy management. With 8 X 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, each capable of powering 2000 Mbps of data throughput in full-duplex mode per port, Netgear ProSafe GS108T Switch is an ideal solution for extending network connections into conference rooms, labs, lobbies and department workgroups. It enables SMB networks to support Voice over IP (VoIP), streaming media, multicasting, security and many other bandwidth-intensive applications like ERP and large file transfers.
Netgear Prosafe GS108T Switch comes with a comprehensive set of L2 features, such as access control lists (ACL), enhanced QoS, among others to provide a small or medium-sized business with a network geared for growth while ensuring performance and reliability.
In addition, Netgear Prosafe GS108T Switch supports IEEE 802.3af standard for Power over Ethernet (PoE). It can obtain its power from either a PoE source or from an external AC power adapter. This gives an SMB flexibility when installing the switch in places where no power outlet is present.
Netgear ProSafe GS108T Switch comes with both an intuitive Web-browser GUI and Smart Control Center (Windows PC required), which offer simple Smart Managed Switch management, making it a snap to:
- Monitor switch performance
- Configure ports or
- Set up port trunks.
Alternatively, you can use SNMP-based software to manage your Smart Managed Switch. Netgear ProSafe GS108T Switch is ideal for:
- Adding basic management to your unmanaged networks or
- Extending your managed networks.
IntelligentNetgear ProSafe GS108T Switch provides cost-efficient solutions that enable SMB customers to better manage their network. Including:
- Performance monitoring
- Port configuration
- VLAN for traffic control
- Link aggregation for increased bandwidth
- IGMP snooping for facilitating multicast applications
- Class of Service (CoS) for traffic prioritization.
Ideal Advanced Security
Netgear ProSafe GS108T Switch has advanced features that provide more robust security to SMBs. These include:
- 802.1x for authentication (MD5)
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC or IP addresses
Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
Priority queuing ensures important traffic gets delivered efficiently. Even during congestion from high-traffic bursts. Companies implementing network telephony or video conferencing, for example, need to be able to prioritize such voice and video traffic and other real-time applications over less latency-sensitive services to ensure reliability. Despite increasing traffic loads. Netgear ProSafe GS108T Switch provides an extensive set of L2 features such as:
- Access Control Lists (ACL)
- 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based prioritization
- Rate limiting
- Up to 60% lower power consumption.
- Auto power-down mode conserves energy when a port is not connected.
- Transmit less power when cable is under 10 m length.
- Packaging manufactured with at least 80% recycled material.
What Comes in the Box
- 1 X Netgear Prosafe GS108Tv2 8-port Gigabit Smart Managed Switch
- 1 X AC Adapter
- Rubber Footpads
- 1 X Wall-Mount Kit
- 1 X Resource CD
- 1 X Installation Guide
Netgear Prosafe Lifetime Local Singapore Warranty
- Length: 15.8 cm
- Breadth: 10.5 cm
- Height: 2.7 cm
- Weight: 560 gm
Network Protocol and Standards Compatibility
- IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3x full-duplex flow control
- Forwarding modes: Store-and-forward
- Bandwidth: 16 Gbps full duplex
- Network latency: Less than 15s for 64-byte frames in store-and-forward mode for 1000 Mbps to 1000 Mbps transmission
- Buffer memory: 512 KB embedded memory per unit
- Address database size: 4k media access control (MAC) addresses per system
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): 275,533 hours (~32 years)
- Acoustic noise: 0 dB
- Power consumption: 6W maximum
- Power Adapter: 12V, 1.0A
- Network Ports: 8 X 10/100/1000Mbps auto sensing Gigabit Ethernet
- Electromagnetic Immunity: EN 55024