Highlights from Netgear R8500 AC5300 Reviews
- Remote access to manage your home network
- Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT)
The Next Wave in WiFi
Tri-Band WiFi and Quad Stream performance boost the combined wireless speeds of your Netgear R8500 AC5300 Nighthawk X8 Router up to 5.3 Gbps. Four external high-powered active antennas plus four internal antennas amplify WiFi range. Six Gigabit Ethernet ports mean even more wired devices can connect and, with port aggregation, two ports can combine to double maximum wired speeds.
Fastest Tri-Band WiFi Router
Netgear R8500 AC5300 Router uses Smart Connect to optimize WiFi performance by intelligently assigning every device to the fastest WiFi band possible and doing so allows devices to connect at their maximum speed. Load Balancing distributes WiFi devices ensuring usage of both the 5 GHz WiFi bands.
Dynamic Quality of Service
If you like gaming and streaming videos, you will benefit from Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS). Dynamic QoS resolves Internet traffic congestion when you have competing internet demands at home. Dynamic QoS identifies your online activities by application and device, and then utilizes bandwidth allocation, and traffic prioritization techniques, to allocate more bandwidth automatically to latency-sensitive applications like online gaming and video streaming, while ensuring that lower priority applications continue to work.
Industry's First Active Antennas
Netgear developed the industry's first Active Antennas technology. Netgear moved the WiFi amplifiers from their usual location, on the router's motherboard, to the top of the antennas. These Active Antennas help improve WiFi performance by amplifying signal in the antenna itself. This allows Netgear R8500 AC5300 Router to receive cleaner and stronger signals from your mobile devices, avoiding signal degradation between the antennas and motherboard.
Six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports allows you to connect even more wired devices. Two of six Gigabit Ethernet ports can be aggregated to double the connection speed to a Network Attached Storage device for 4K HD streaming or fast backups of multiple WiFi devices simultaneously.
Powerful Dual Core 1.4HGz Router Processor
Basic WiFi routers use simple single core processors to connect WiFi devices to the Internet. Netgear Nighthawk X8 Router delivers Tri-band WiFi, quad-stream performance on each band, Multi-User MIMO capable, has 6 Gigabit LAN ports with Port Aggregation, and dual USB interfaces to connect external USB storage. Using a single core processor would cause severe performance issues as various processes compete for CPU power. That's why the Netgear R8500 AC5300 Router utilizes a powerful 1.4 GHz dual-core processor to separate processes and prioritizes high performance WiFi connections to get maximum combined WiFi speeds of up to 5.3 Gbps.
Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
Using Multi-User MIMO technology, Netgear Nighthawk X8 Router can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
Simple and Secure Cloud Storage via USB
Access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through Netgear ReadyCloud USB Access. Simply plug your USB hard drive into your Netgear R8500 AC5300 Router to create secure personal cloud storage.
With Netgear Nighthawk X8 Router, you will have the advantage when taking on your gaming foes. Gigabit Ethernet ports lets you connect your device via a wired connection to ensure you stay connected at top speeds. Game on with Netgear R8500 AC5300 Router.
Ultimate Range and Mobility
With all your mobile devices, you have the freedom to move about your home and yard, and now with Netgear Nighthawk X8 Router, you can maintain your connection even in the largest of homes. Powerful, patent-pending Active Antennas, help improve WiFi performance by amplifying WiFi signals in the antenna itself, which helps avoid signal loss during transmission as well as reduce noise, so you can enjoy better range and coverage.
Network Control So Easy ... It's Like Magic
Netgear Genie makes getting the most out of your home network fun & easy. More than six million downloads of the Genie App let users easily monitor, connect & control their home network from a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone. With Netgear Genie, you can share & stream music or videos, diagnose and repair network issues, set up parental controls to manage web filtering and accessibility by profiles or devices
What Comes in the Box
- 1 X Netgear R8500 AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit Nighthawk X8 WiFi Router
- 1 X Ethernet Cable
- 1 X Quick Install Guide
- 1 X Power Adapter
Three-year Local Singapore Limited Hardware Warranty
- Length: 31.60 cm
- Breadth: 26.40 cm
- Height: 6.10 cm
- Weight: 1.68 kg
- Speed and Range: 5.3Gbps
- WiFi Performance: AC5300 (1000 + 2166 + 2166 Mbps)
- WiFi Range: Very large homes
- WiFi Band: Simultaneous Tri-Band WiFi - Tx/Rx 4x4 (2.4GHz) + 4x4 (5GHz) + 4x4 (5GHz)
- Beamforming: Implicit & Explicit Beamforming for 2.4 & 5GHz bands
- Number of Ethernet Ports: Seven (7) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports: 1 WAN & 6 LAN, Dual Gigabit Ethernet Port Aggregation
- Number of USB Ports: Two (2) - 1 USB 3.0 & 1 USB 2.0 port
- Processor: Dual core 1.4GHz
- Memory: 128 MB Flash and 512 MB RAM
- Four (4) external Active Antennas enhance weak signals and reduce interference for best WiFi performance
- ReadySHARE Vault - PC software for automatic backup to USB hard drive connected to the router
- DLNA server to find & play your media on TVs & game consoles
- Customized free URL to set up personal FTP server
- VPN support - secure remote access to your home network & Internet
- Guest network access - separate & secure
- WiFi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2 - PSK)
- Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz 1024QAM support
- IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac 5GHz1024QAM support
- Seven (7) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports: 1 WAN & 6 LAN
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000
- Mac OS
- UNIX or Linux
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4 and Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher