Highlights from TP-Link TL-SG108PE Reviews
- Supports PoE power upto 55 W for all PoE ports
- Provides network monitoring, traffic prioritization and VLAN features
- Dynamic LED lights display work status real-time
TP-Link TL-SG108PE is a powerful upgrade from an unmanaged switch. It is designed specifically for small businesses that need basic network management and PoE function. TP-Link TL-SG108PE Smart Switch can connect and power upto four PoE devices eg wireless access points (APs), IP cameras and IP phones. Through its web-based user interface and management utility it offers several useful features, including enhanced QoS. Additionally, with port-based, tag-based and MTU VLAN, it improves security and meet more network segmentation requirements.
Power Over Ethernet
4 out of 8 Auto-Negotiation RJ45 ports (port 1 to port 4) of TP-Link TL-SG108PE Smart Switch support Power over Ethernet (PoE) function. These PoE ports can automatically detect and supply power with IEEE 802.3af compliant Powered Devices (PDs).
TP-Link TL-SG108PE Smart Switch has the priority function which will help protect the system when power is overloaded. If all PoE PDs power consumption is >= 55W, a priority will be arranged among the PoE ports, then the system will cut off the power of the lowest-priority port.
Port Priority Function
Priority (port 1>port 2>port 3>port 4): This function will help protect the system if the system power becomes overloaded. For example, Port 1, 2, and 4 are using 15.4 W (maximum power per port is 15.4 W), the system power is 46.2 W in total (PoE max LED will be red if all PoE PDs power consumption is >= 46W). If there is an additional PD inserted to Port 3 with 10 W then the system will cut off Port 4 to protect the system, this means Port 1, 2 will use 30 W and Port 3 will use 10 W, and no power will be supplied to Port 4.
TP-Link TL-SG108PE Smart Switch offers network monitoring for users to observe traffic behavior. With Port Mirroring, Loop Prevention and Cable Diagnostics features, it can identify and even locate connection problems on your business network. Moreover, administrators can define priority of traffic based on Port Priority, 802.1P Priority and DSCP Priority, to ensure voice and video are always clear, smooth and lag-free.
Easy to Use
Your TP-Link TL-SG108PE Smart Switch is simple to manage. Auto MDI/MDI-X crossover on all ports eliminates need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Auto-negotiation on each port senses the link speed of a network device (whether 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps or 1000 Mbps) and intelligently adjusts for compatibility and optimal performance. Its compact size makes it ideal for desktops with limited space. Dynamic LED lights provide real-time work status display and basic fault diagnosis.
What Comes in the Box
- 1 X TP-Link TL-SG108PE Gigabit Easy Smart Switch with 4-Port PoE
- 1 X Power Adapter
- Rubber Feet
- 1 X Installation Guide
Three-Year Local Singapore Limited Hardware Warranty
- Length: 15.80 cm
- Width: 10.10 cm
- Height: 2.50 cm
- Weight: 510 gm
- Standards and Protocols: IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.1p
- Interface: 8 X 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 Ports, AUTO Negotiation/AUTO MDI/MDIX
- Fan Quantity: Fanless
- Power Supply: External Power Adapter (Output: 48 VDC / 1.25 A)
- PoE Ports (RJ45): Standard: 802.3 af compliant, PoE Ports: Port 1- Port 4, PoE Power Budget: 55 W
- Max Power Consumption: 5.15 W (220 V / 50 Hz with no PD connected), 65.18 W (220 V / 50 Hz with 55 W PD connected)
- Max Heat Dissipation: 17.57 BTU/h (with no PD connected), 222.39 BTU/h (with 55W PD connected)
- Certification: FCC, CE, RoHS
- Switching Capacity: 16 Gbps
- Packet Forwarding Rate: 11.9 Mpps
- MAC Address Table: 4 K
- Packet Buffer Memory: 1.5 Mb
- Jumbo Frame: 15 KB
- Quality of Service: Support Port-Based/802.1p/DSCP priority, Support 4 priority queues, Rate Limit, Storm Control
- L2 Features: IGMP Snooping V1/V2/V3, Static Link Aggregation, Port Mirroring, Cable Diagnostics, Loop Prevention
- VLAN: Supports up to 32 VLANs simultaneously (out of 4K VLAN IDs), MTU/Port/Tag VLAN
- Management: Web-based GUI, Easy Smart Configuration Utility
- Transmission Method: Store-And-Forward